Sunday, April 7, 2013

Meet 2013 Artisans Road Trip Artist Karen Ruddy

 
Artist Karen Ruddy
 100 foot Mosaic Wall teaching project (5th Grade)
 
I graduated from Doane College, Crete NB with a Fine Arts Degree in Art and Education in 1973 and due to my husband being relocated, I had to take advantage of what was available to me at the time and place - and that led to a Masters and Ph.D. in Library Science. Thus I secured positions as Library Director for library Consortiums, College Libraries, and taught Library Science online for my Alma Mater, Texas Woman’s University in Denton, TX.  For thirty six years I toiled in these positions and only occasional Christmas Cards allowed me to do what I loved best, create art. 
 

Bead Paintings - the artist like to combine media
© Karen Ruddy
 
In 2004, my husband, Victor, and I retired back home to Emmetsburg, Iowa and I relished producing Art in all it’s forms since that time. 
 
Mural - "Eleven Birds and a Butterfly (6X8')
 © Karen Ruddy
 
I try to decide what I love doing best, and I love doing ALL of it. Drawing, sculpting, pottery, ceramics, jewelry-making, printing, mosaics, murals, painting, teaching art, statuary reconstruction, all are my passion. 
Stop by again to visit more about the artists of the 2013 Artisans Road Trip!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment