Thursday, March 29, 2012

Marisa Sidles - 2012 Artisans Road Trip Artist

"Burning Landscape"
Acrylic on Canvas - ©Marisa Sidles

Another 2012 Artisans Road Trip artist to spotlight!  Welcome Marisa Sidles!

"Hi, my name is Marisa Sidles and I am an artist. I have always been a creative person and particularly enjoy painting. I like to use a variety of media to create a mood, invoke an emotion or tell a story with my work. My inspiration comes from nature and the world around me. I use the vibrant colors found in nature to create contrast and depth in my landscapes and figure studies.

My newest area of interest is in making collages. You can achieve a different sort of feeling using fabrics, paint and small objects. I am excited about exploring this medium more extensively in the future.

Although I have taken art classes in high school and college, I am primarily self-taught and have spent years reading and studying different artistic styles in order to create figure studies, landscapes and collages.

After graduating from Pocahontas High School, I attended ILCC where I received an Associates of Arts degree in graphic design. I live on a farm outside of Terril, IA with my husband, Nathan and a variety of dogs, cats, horses and other farm animals. I have a graphic design business, Rissy’s Design and Creations and a studio in Terril. I am also a member of Iowa Regional Artists.

Side Street Gallery in Arnold’s Park was the first gallery to display my artwork in November and December 2009. Mari Stewart, owner, gave me a chance to display my work with just a leap of faith and I am very grateful. In February 2010 I had my first solo show at Pearson Lakes Art Center. My work has also been displayed at A Piece of Work on Hill Avenue in Spirit Lake, IA. I received 3rd Place in the Iowa Artists Regional at Arts on Grand in Spencer, IA in 2011. A group showing at Arts On Grand in Spencer was held through early March of this year ( "Let's Hear it for the Girls").

I have been instructing intuitive acrylic painting classes since January - held in Spencer at the curial/Reynolds school of visual arts. These classes will be fun and stress free for a complete beginner or an established artist looking to exercise the creative spirit.  Look for fun intuitive acrylic classes coming this fall

I invite you all to come and take a step into my world and I hope you will be intrigued and inspired and just enjoy the journey."

Please join us again for more from the 2012 Artisans Road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment